Project Management Team Lead
Reports to: Head of Delivery
This role requires the individual to have worked within a software environment ideally, with an understanding of both waterfall and agile software development methodologies. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining programme and project governance, making sure Anatwine’s Project Management team adhere to Anatwine’s PMO standards, whilst also supporting transformation and other key initiatives across the business.
- Provide leadership and governance to establish programmes and projects, to plan, execute and close programmes / projects, and monitor and report on overall project performance.
- Optimise the performance of people, measuring and reporting on performance against agreed quality and performance criteria.
- Lead project planning, scheduling, controlling and reporting activities for strategic, high impact, high risk projects, ensuring that comprehensive project, quality, and risk plans are prepared and maintained.
- Facilitate effective working relationships within and between teams and motivate teams towards a high level of performance.
- Plan and initiate portfolio definition, evaluation and management activities across the full programme and project lifecycle.
- Evaluate changes to programme and project management practices and initiate improvement to the Delivery function.
- Escalate, engage and influence senior management to take action as appropriate in relation to programme of work.
- Manage project management resources and capability allocation with appropriate tooling.
- Manage risk and ensure that any strategic problems are identified at the earliest opportunity and solutions are identified and implemented in line with change control processes.
- Liaise with Operational Management Team, managing their expectations for clients and projects.
- Ensure that realistic estimates of costs, timescales and resource requirements are agreed and carry out the monitoring of projects against these criteria, taking corrective action as necessary.
- Manage the external relationships at both Executive, Programme and Project Level for Delivery function.
- Ensure appropriate programme & project governance, statement of work, and project plans, ensuring project success criteria are defined and agreed with stakeholders.
- Lead and motivate Project Management team to ensure they understand deliverables and contributions.
- Apply change, risk, and resource management, and negotiate change with internal and external stakeholders.
- Assess programme and project performance, with the aim to maximise ROI.
- Own the resolution of complex programme and project issues across the business, leveraging stakeholder relationships.
- Mentor Project Managers and drive a culture of continuous learning.
- Act in the capacity of Programme or Project Management as required.
- Leading the Project Management team, coordinating staff, workload, and reporting.
- Solid experience leading major delivery programmes within a commercial client facing environment.
- Ability to support / track a collection of projects concurrently - from concept through to close - which contribute to one or more portfolios for the company.
- Sound knowledge of software development lifecycles, people management, business processes, and client services.
- Displays ownership, high quality and completeness of deliverables.
- Self-motivated and driven; must be able to execute with minimal supervision
- Support quarterly/annual budgeting process.
- PMI/PMP or PRINCE2 are desirable.
- Prior experience in implementing best practices, governance, and process improvement.
- Excellent man-management and motivational skills; both written and verbal.
- Strong client management and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of retail e-commerce platforms is advantageous.
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills with high fluency in English.
- You are energetic, self-starting and pride yourself on professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities with multiple clients.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting priorities.
- Excellent questioning and listening skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Eager to learn new skills and innovate for continuous improvement.
- Approachable and able to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
- Excellent people skills which allow you to thrive in a team environment.
- Able to support Project Management Team with complex projects into meaningful and manageable components.
- Pragmatic and adaptable to new services, processes and stakeholders.
- Committed to overall team success and supporting colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and without the need for individual task-management and supervision.
- Willingness to travel, including internationally.