Reports to: Integration Engineer Team Lead
As an Integration Engineer, your involvement will begin during the project discovery phase, engaging with the client and supporting the Solution Architect and Project Manager (as the project team) in defining the integration scope. You will be responsible for owning the implementation and testing, and supporting the project team and clients towards a successful launch and handover to Support Services.
This role would suit somebody with a keen interest in data, who also enjoys engaging with clients to validate their data in order to define best practice for scalable integrations and product onboarding.
- Ownership across all technical integration elements for successful delivery of new client integrations and enhancements.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Solution Architect across the project lifecycle, regarded as the technical implementation expert for assigned integrations.
- Support the Solution Architect during discovery on product data, providing analysis on client data feeds and contributing towards defined specifications.
- Define clear technical tasks and estimates for integrations and change requests, with full ownership and accountability to deliver successfully and on schedule.
- Full understanding of end-to-end integration flows and tasks, including set up and modification of endpoint and channel configuration, data and feed analysis, mapping, testing, troubleshooting, and release notes.
- Adhere and contribute to standards of best practice and automation for configuration, mapping and testing.
- Support clients with integration development and testing for in-flight projects, acting as a technical point of contact who will liaise with the client directly or with the Project Manager.
- Document and share existing methods of working and learnings from other areas of the business which benefit the role and team.
- Assist in identifying new ways of working and tooling to increase efficiency and accuracy for integrations, engaging with Delivery and Product Teams to drive continuous improvements.
- Support the Project Manager in full handover to Support Services (Catalogue Management & Support teams) prior to go-live.
- Good working knowledge of data structures and the mapping of data between systems.
- Strong understanding of SQL databases and queries.
- Good understanding hierarchical data in XML file format.
- Understanding of JSON data objects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to mine and analyse large datasets, producing gap analysis reports.
- Data migration project experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills with high fluency in English.
- You are energetic, self-starting and pride yourself on professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities with multiple clients.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with frequently shifting priorities.
- Excellent questioning and listening skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate technical and non-technical messaging to clients.
- Confident participating in internal and external project meetings.
- Confident leading technical communications during implementation and testing phases.
- Eager to learn new skills and innovate for continuous improvement.
- Approachable and able to communicate effectively at all levels, internally and externally.
- You possess well-developed analytical and consulting skills.
- Excellent people skills allowing you to thrive in a team environment.
- Able to reduce complex projects into meaningful and manageable components.
- Pragmatic and adaptable to new products, processes and stakeholders.
- Committed to overall team success and supporting colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and without the need for individual task-management and supervision.